Entry into the Christian church is through believing certain things and a conviction to live those beliefs out. This church welcomes into its membership anyone who has acknowledged the following:
- That there is a God who exists [Genesis 1:1, Hebrews 11:6]
- That mankind (You!) are separated from their creator God because of sin [Isaiah 59:2; Romans 3:9-18]
- That mankind (You!) cannot overcome this separation on their own merits. They cannot be good enough, or work their way to heaven. Neither can they obey certain commandments or pray enough or go to church enough. Mankind has no ability to get to God [Romans 3:19-20; Ephesians 2:1-3]
- That God has not left His creation to suffer the due penalty for their sin, but has provided a Saviour, Jesus Christ, His precious Son [John 3:16; Romans 5:8]. Salvation is possible for mankind on the basis of grace (God granting us something that we do not deserve), and not on the basis of human effort or merit [Ephesians 2:4-10, 2 Timothy 1:9].
- That Jesus Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection provided a complete and full salvation for sinners, as He satisfied His Fathers Holy standard and dealt with man’s problem; sin. Jesus Christ therefore is the only Saviour and the only way sinners can receive God’s forgiveness [John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Peter 2:24]
- That mankind (You!) receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life through believing in the Lord Jesus and through repentance, which is changing one’s mind about their sin and turning from it to embrace Christ and His lifestyle [Mark 1:15; John 3:16; Acts 16:31; 1 Thessalonians 1:9]
The Bible teaches that all who understand the gospel (shown above) and call upon the name of the Lord Jesus; will be saved [Romans 10:9-13]. This salvation is evidenced initially through a desire to please the Lord, to be baptized and to meet with other Christians [Ephesians 5:7-10; Acts 2:37-42; 14:21-23; Hebrews 10:23-25].